Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Radio France Fuzz - Silicon Fuzz pedal



"I've Got A Fuzzbox And I'm Gonna Use It"


This one is a silicon Fuzz pedal for guitar.
It's a standard silicon Fuzz Pedal circuit, made up using two common NPN transistors, the BC547, and the 2N5088.


I've try to "take it to the limit", to produce an extreme distorsion clipping sound.
There are three control points on this pedal:
  • the volume
  • the crunch switch, that's sets the gain to a low value
  • the stoner switch, that makes the pedal sounds thinner or fatter

It's called "Radio France" Fuzz, cause while playing with different components values on my breadboard, i can even even hear a radio transmission from France (likely AM), which is pretty distant from where i live. Luckly this doesn't happens on the preforated board, but it was enough for me to call it Radio France Fuzz.


The box is an aluminion chocolates from Lindt.


Notes
  • read risk disclaimer
  • excuse my bad english

3 comments:

  1. Realmente suena genial, es un poco difícil sacar tiempo para diseñar tú mismo, pero es bueno ver cuando lo logras

    ReplyDelete
  2. the volume seems to be oscillating how can i fix this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marlon, I've never had this issue. Do you use the same component I've used?

      Delete